Saturday, July 23, 2011

[review] Essie's Matte About You

Essie's Matte About You

Essie's Matte About You by slevinstyle on polyvore.com

Images via Essie, myself, thetrendygirl.net

My sister recently flew in to spend a week at home, so I took advantage of the time to take her to ULTA so we could both get some new makeup. (she has her own blog, take a look) She was looking for a black matte nail polish, which we couldn't find anywhere. When we asked a saleswoman for help she led us to a shiny black nail polish.....BUT my sister found this great matte top coat from essie that turns any nail polish into a matte color. It costs $8-10.

Here you can see the difference this matte top coat makes over a black shade by BCBG Max Azria. You only need to apply one layer of the matte polish for it to have its effect. I'm kind of in love with the matte black.

I was stumbling around online (stumbleupon is amazing) and came across this manicure idea, maybe I'll try it in the future when my nails are a bit longer.
I'm excited to use the matte top coat on top of...oh...every color. So what do you think, is matte nail polish a new trend or an unfinished look?

No comments:

Post a Comment